Bringing good food to light

3.01.2010

Potato side dish


Before I start off, I wish you all a Happy Holi. Today I just prepared a potato side dish for lunch. Mother had prepared a sambar of beans for lunch, so I made an addition to it which took me only 15 minutes. Infact this is one of the recipes that I tried on my own. :) As potatoes are liked by all, and there are hardly any people who dislike it, I think this recipe will be liked by most of you all. Well I’ll directly share with you how I prepared it.

Ingredients:

2 medium sized potatoes
4 green Chillies
1½ tsp Sugar
2 tsp Red chilly powder
½ tsp Garam masala
½ tsp Turmeric powder
5 tsp Water
Salt to taste

Seasoning:
2 tsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Urad dal
Few curry leaves

Method:

Wash, peal and dice the potatoes. Chop the green chillies.

Heat oil in a dish.

Once that’s done, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds start popping.

After this add the potatoes and green chillies.

Add sugar, red chilly powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and mix them well. I know some of you may not like the addition of sugar here. But it actually tastes good if you do add sugar :)

Now add around 5 tsp of water and keep the dish closed and let it boil on a low flame for 10 minutes.

After it is boiled add salt to taste and mix well.

Serve hot with rice, curd rice.

PS: I prefer having it with curd rice. Tastes really good. :)

Do Try out this and give me a feedback.

Till then take care and happy cooking :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I just hope I could explain the recipe elaborately. If you would like to add something, correct me or say something then go ahead :)

© Food for Joy!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena