Bringing good food to light

3.13.2010

Cabbage Vada


Hello friends,

I'm more then glad to be trying out new dishes. Although much of the food found in my blog has been a common thing in every household. But still I'm glad that I'm learning these recipes on my own :) This Sunday was a roller coaster ride for mother since there was no power at home and she required to grind a chutney out of Ridge Gourd ("Heere Kai" in Kannada and "Peere Kai" in Tulu)

It wasn't possible for her so I decided I'll prepare something in substitute. I prepared cabbage vada :) Thanks to KEB for disconnecting the power supply :)

Well, you'll need to follow the procedure for preparing cabbage vada.

Ingredients: (For three people)

Around 5-6 Cabbage Leaves
1 tbsp Rice flour
3 tbsp Gram flour
2 Chopped Green chillies (You can add more)
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Red chily powder (You can add more)
½ tsp Haldi
½ tsp Garam masala
Oil (for deep frying)
Water (for making the batter)
Salt to taste

Method:

Wash the Cabbage leaves and chop them as I've shown in the picture below. You just need to roll the leaves and chop them into thin strips.


Mix Red chilly powder, Gram flour, Rice flour, cumin seeds, haldi, garam masala, green chillies, salt and make a thick batter by adding little water (less than quarter cup) See that you don't make the batter thin. Now add the chopped cabbage leaves and bind everything together. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.

Heat oil in a dish sufficient for deep frying.

Make vadas of any shape (I gave it a spherical shape. You can also make flattened vadas too.) and put it into the oil for deep frying. When it gains a reddish brown color, remove it off the oil.

Serve hot with anything that goes with it :) (chutney, sauce etc)

PS: Any vada can taste extremely good with curd rice. It’s my favorite combination. :)

Do try this out :) Starters can easily do this :)

Till then, Happy cooking :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I just hope I could explain the recipe elaborately. If you would like to add something, correct me or say something then go ahead :)

© Food for Joy!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena