Bringing good food to light

1.16.2011

Carrot Soup


Good Morning :) Glad that I'm able to write a post today. Its been nearly two months since I've relocated myself to Chennai Its a good place to explore, although I haven't yet travelled to places within Chennai. It has been a journey of ups and downs till now at this place and to an extent I've learnt quite a lot because of being independent. I've been staying with Shruddha from past two months. We keep trying new recipes during most of the weekends and enjoy each and every moment spent on cooking. Cooking with friends is real fun indeed.

There are lot of recipes waiting to get posted here. Today I'll be posting one of them.

"Carrot Soup". I just tried this one day at home and it turned out good, surprisingly. Soups are not difficult to prepare and it can be easily prepared with only a few ingredients. Getting into the preparation of carrot soup..

Ingredients (For two bowls of soup)

3 large carrots (1/2 kg)
1 onion
2 glasses of water
2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp cream (For garnishing)
6-8 diced bread pieces (Deep fried)
Salt to taste

Method

Boil the carrots and chopped onions in a pressure cooker.

Grind the boiled carrots and onions to a fine paste.


Put this fine paste to boil in a vessel.



After it comes to boil add water and bring it to a boil.




Add sugar, salt and pepper. Keep stirring the soup till it gets a thick consistency.



Add the fried bread pieces and cream. Serve hot.



Thank you for reading this post.

Have a nice day... :)
Till then happy cooking.. :)

1 comments:

I just hope I could explain the recipe elaborately. If you would like to add something, correct me or say something then go ahead :)

© Food for Joy!, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena